Saturday, January 12, 2008

Label Whores

(Paris Hilton at Bondi Beach in Louis Vuitton bikini)

The first time I heard that expression I was shocked. It has such a nasty ring to it. But the person who used it was referring to Paris Hilton and how she only wore designer dresses, shoes, bags, & jewelry. Label whores want everyone to know they are wearing designer labels, so they seek out things with the designer's name all over it (Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc.)

I never wore designer clothes because I was never willing to pay the high prices. But the older I get, the heavier I get, and it is so depressing shopping for clothes, that I've started "fat-girl" shopping - which means I shop for shoes, handbags and jewelry. When I turned 60 I bought my first designer handbag. Now I have my eye on a pair of designer shoes. Oh oh. I'm getting dangerously close to being called a nasty name.

No comments: