Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bucket List

A bucket list is a list of all the things you want to do before you die (kick the bucket). When I was in my late twenties, I made a list of 101 things I wanted to do before I died (I had to cheat a little bit and include things I had already done because I couldn't come up with 101). Now that I'm in my sixties, I've already done almost everything I had on my bucket list - and some things I crossed out because I don't want to do them anymore (like be on TV, be in a movie, and live in the White House - who was I kidding?). About the only thing left is travel, and if I don't hurry up, I won't want to do that anymore either. I guess I'm going to have to come up with a new list. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Salt H2O said...

travel? you haven't traveled? That reminds me of a conversation I once had with your daughter:

Amy: "I think after college I'd like to take a year off, and travel the world, you know- to find myself"

Kory: "Uh, Amy, you've already been everywhere in the world, where to do think you could be hiding?"

Jeri10 said...

To Kory,
Yes, you know I've traveled. I meant travel to places I haven't been yet (there are some you know: Taj Mahal, the Pyramids, the clay soldiers, Macchu Pichu, etc.), and I'm worried that I won't want to put up with the long flights for much longer. (I know, poor me).