Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Am I Hot?


Well, here's one giant leap from the last post.  On the one hand, I talk about being more virtuous - and now I 'm asking if I'm "hot?" ( Call me crazy, but that just goes to show you that you'll never know what my next blog will be about - so keep coming back to see what's next.)


Once upon a time there was a movie called "10." It got every woman in America rated on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being a dog and 10 being "hot"). Not too long ago there was a ridiculous TV show called "Are You Hot?" It got me thinking...was I ever "hot?"

When I was younger, I wouldn't have given myself a particularly high score because I didn't think my face or my body was a "10" - ever. But now, looking back, I'd say, "Hey, I wasn't that bad." I had a great face and a great (not perfect, but great) body. I'd give myself a 9.2 for my face and body and an 8.5 on my overall sex appeal. That was "then."

I'm 62 years old now and, you know what? I think this old face is fabulous (considering my age). I give myself a 9.2 for my face. My body on the otherhand, well - I'm 40 lbs. heavier than I should be, but I'm in pretty good shape for the shape I'm in. People wouldn't describe me as "fat" (my friends aren't that cruel). Considering my age, I'd give this old bod a 5. No, wait. I can't compare myself to the women I know who are my age. They are all exceptional women who are far above the national average for their age. If I compare myself to all the women in America - except Bo Derek -my age, I'd be an 8 for sure.)
Bo Derek at 50 - still a ten

For overall sex appeal I'd have to give myself a big ha ha ha. I can't imagine anyone thinking I'm "sexy" - even for my age. But then, "sexy" has never been my goal. I've always gone for "classy." On the classy scale, I give myself a 9.5 - then, and now.

Bottom line: Am I Hot? Ho ho ho NO. But do I care? Not at all.

So, how about you, are YOU hot? (Caution: Don't include the likes of Heidi Klum in your calculations. Models and movie stars are off the chart - they are 11's & 12's. Go to the the airport, the mall, the grocery store -- how do you compare in the real world?)

As for me and my friends....



4 comments:

Jeri and Amy said...

Mom, you are HILARIOUS! Who would have thought that the author of The Kindness Handbook thinks about things like "Am I hot?" I don't know about your sex appeal (ewww, gross!), but I give your blog a "10"

Salt H2O said...

Jeri- you are hotness! I've never seen a 62 year old with such great skin.

Anonymous said...

Jeri, my friend, we ARE hot....it just comes in flashes now!!!

Love ya, girl,

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.