Monday, January 21, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Silly me, it's almost the end of January and I haven't talked about New Year's resolutions.

I always used to make the same New Year’s resolution: Lose Weight! The diet would last about one week – which was about as long as any other resolution I might have made. I finally quit making resolutions because I never followed through on them. What I came to realize is that you can’t make resolutions once a year. That kind of resolution is doomed. Resolutions need to be something you continually resolve to do. Like anything else that is worth doing you have to start TODAY not tomorrow. Anything worth doing can’t be put off until tomorrow.

I like President Gordon B. Hinckley’s resolution: “Each of us can do a little better than we have been doing. We can be a little more kind. We can be a little more merciful. We can be a little more forgiving. We can put behind us our weaknesses of the past and go forth with new energy and increased resolution to improve the world about us, in our homes, in our places of employment, in our social activities.”

1 comment:

Salt H2O said...

I've decided to have a new year's theme- This year's theme is 'excellence in '08'

Next year I may have a Hawaiian theme