1. All hold hands as someone says the blessing on the food.
2. Go around the table and have each person say something they are thankful for.
- Have place cards with a quote inside and have each guest read theirs.
- (See Thanksgiving Quotes for ideas)
- Get clip-on candles that clip to the plate – light one saying what you are thankful for
then light the next person’s candle. He says what he is thankful for then lights
the next person’s candle, etc.
- For a more amusing variation, do “I remember when...” and tell a funny story you
remember about someone at the table (each person’s name should be written on
a piece of paper and each guest draws a name and tells a story about that person).
“Thou hast given so much to us.
Give one thing more...A grateful heart.”