Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Gypsy Curse


Did you know that the worst card in a Tarot deck is NOT the death card? It is the Seven pentacles card (left). It basically says, “You will get what you want.” Yup. If you got that card you’d be happy, right? What you don’t know is that, “May you get what you want” is a gypsy curse. It’s the worst curse they can bestow upon you. We have the same saying, “Be careful what you wish for, for you shall surely get it.” or as Oscar Wilde put it, "In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants and the other is getting it." Wise people of all ages have come to realize that getting what we want is rarely good for us.

Don’t be the person who spends his life climbing the ladder to success, only to find when he reaches the top, that his ladder was on the wrong building.

When making your plans and dreams, run them by your Heavenly Father before pursuing them. He knows what is best for you. Ask Him to help you see the drawbacks and make a more realistic assessment of your dreams and aspirations. So when you reach your goal, you will be happy with what you got.
- - - - -

(I know what you are thinking..."Where is all this gypsy tarot card stuff coming from?" and "How does she know? " First, it's October and Halloween is coming, so I thought I'd get you in the spirit. Second, My grandmother had some gypsy in her and I guess she passed a little on to me. Also, I've been the gypsy fortune teller at my daughter's halloween party for the last five years and each year I did a little more research so I'd sound authentic. FYI, I have developed a really good gypsy accent. I can read tarot cards, read your palm, read your aura and cast spells. well, not REALLY, but I do a great imitation).

6 comments:

Salt H2O said...

I love it! Combining tarrot cards and personal revelation.

BTW you don't just put on a good act, you told me at the Halloween party I'd be meeting the man I was going to marry- I met him the next week! You also told Laura Moody she'd be getting married in the next year and shabam! She did!

You're a bit more authentic than you think!

Jeri10 said...

I know. I'm really a witch. But I can't put that in my blog. Heh heh heh.

Jeri and Amy said...

I'd just wish for unspeakable wealth because what could possibly go wrong with attaining that! :)

Jeri10 said...

What could possibly go wrong? Why don't you ask Martha Stewart, Jeffrey Skilling or Leona Helmsley (her net worth was estimated at between 2-1/2 to 5 Billion dollars but she went to jail for tax evasion!)

the problem with the Rich is that they never think they have enough. They always want more - and it's their greed that gets them into dire circumstances.

Jeri and Amy said...

Mom! I was being ironic! Don't you know me at all?

Anonymous said...

The card is actually the seven of cups, not pentacles.