Thursday, October 16, 2008

2-Ingredient "Fudge"

With all the holidays fast approaching, I thought I'd share this quick, easy, and delicious fudge recipe. It tastes just like the fancy, slow cooking, candy thermometer kind. If you don't tell, they'll never know. Just a note: The only 12 oz. cans of frosting available in stores around me are the "whipped" frostings. The fudge turns out a little too soft for my taste, so I prefer the 16 oz. cans of regular frostings and I just use 3/4ths of the can. But, to each his own.

2-Ingredient “Fudge”

Ingredients
1 (12 ounce) can (or 3/4ths of a 16 oz. can) of ready to spread chocolate frosting
1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips*
(I like nuts, so I add chopped walnuts)


Directions
1. Melt the chips in a 4-cup glass measuring cup. Microwave for 1 minute @ 50% power. Stir. Microwave another minute at 50% power.
2. Add frosting and stir until combined. (add nuts if desired)
3. Pour into an 8x8 pan sprayed with Pam cooking spray.
4. Chill until set, about an hour.


*You can use milk chocolate or semi sweet. Try any other flavor combo you can think of.
For Thanksgiving: I like Nestle’s butterscotch morsels and vanilla icing and I add chopped pecans.

For Christmas gifts: white chocolate chips, vanilla icing and add dried cranberries and pistachios (note to mom: you have to take the nuts out of the shell !)

Scroll down to see my 2-ingredient Macaroon Cookie Recipe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I inclination not agree on it. I think polite post. Expressly the designation attracted me to study the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.