Tuesday, August 19, 2008

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

I don’t know about you, but I get really irritated with people who say God talks to them.
I think we are all entitled to receive divine inspiration, and I think many of us have had experiences that are very sacred to us. But when someone uses, “I prayed about it and this is what I was told to do” as their reason for turning down a church calling, or anything else they just don’t want to do, I want to smack them. They know that no one is going to argue with a statement like that, so they throw it around whenever it suits them (which is anytime they want to do something that someone else will criticize them for). What they don’t realize is that, yes, we won’t argue with them, but they aren’t really getting away with it because we think less of them in the process.

We’re not jealous. We just think you’re crazy.

1 comment:

Salt H2O said...

I had a friend who tried to break up with a guy while attending BYU.

He told her that she couldn't break up with him because he KNEW that they had promised to get married to one another in the pre-existance.

Her responce was, "If I made that mistake then, I'm not going to make it again now!"