Wednesday, July 16, 2008

You are 20% better looking than you think!


The next time you look at yourself in the mirror say, "I'm 20 percent better-looking than I think. " It's true. And here's the reason. While you're just looking at your appearance, others see your charisma, intellect, kindness, -- whatever makes you, you.

This was the big news today on AOL. Genius. It IS true. I know a lot of people that I think of as really beautiful - but if you analyze their looks or showed a photo of them to someone who didn't know them, you'd have to say they were just average looking.

The best example I can think of was the Homecoming Queen at my high school. We all thought she was beautiful - because we knew her. When my daughter's see my high school annual they say, "She was the homecoming queen?"

So I say, instead of trying to improve your looks with makeup, botox, or cosmetic surgery, try being a little kinder, more considerate, more tolerant, etc.

"...the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart." I Samuel 16:7

2 comments:

Salt H2O said...

This is a great post.

Jeri and Amy said...

Yes, but being kind can't get rid of my love handles! I like taking the easy way out. Kindness is like diet and exercise, it may make me look better, but I don't have time for those results to kick in. Give me Lipo and I'll be 30% better looking by Sunday.