Monday, July 28, 2008

The Dark Knight = Satan!


I saw the Batman movie a few days ago and I didn’t like it. I thought it was TOO dark. But I thought that was just me. Amy and Kyle saw it tonight and Amy hit the nail on the head when she said the Joker was Satan. He wasn't motivated by money or power - his only motivation was to turn good into evil. Amy didn’t just “not like” the movie - She hated it. She said it was not only dark, it was so dark that the spirit actually left her. The spirit couldn’t be in a place that dark. She came home, turned on a taped session of General Conference, and started throwing away all her DVD’s that had any “questionable” scenes (Grease, Sixteen Candles, Night at the Roxbury, etc.) because she didn’t want her kids to watch movies with those scenes in them. At first I thought she was over reacting, then I said, “You know, I think you are doing the right thing because it is just like the analogy of the frogs. If you put frogs in boiling water they would hop right out. But if you put them in cold water and increased the temperature just one degree at a time, they’d continue to be comfortable until it was too late. They wouldn’t realize when the water got hot enough to kill them. Each time we see a movie with a scene in it that is uncomfortable, we just ignore it thinking it’s not that bad and the next time we see a similar scene, we don’t even get uncomfortable.”

Parents, don’t let your kids go to this movie!!! I’m sorry I went. It should have been rated “R”

5 comments:

Salt H2O said...

First time I had heard this about the movie. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I agree completely. I felt uncomfortable watching it and it left me cold.

Anonymous said...

I love nobodycareswhatthisoldgeezerthinks.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards

Anonymous said...

Dear friend, there is always more then one side to a story.
Smart man doesnt jump straight to conclusions. Joker, believe it or not, was rather prototype of God from Christian Bible. Try to juxtapose events that took place in the film and in bible. Joker did not care for money/power,not because he was *turn(ing) good into evil* , but tried to test people and see if they are capable of sacrifice. Somewhat reminds of Abraham and his son. That is just one broad example.
Dark film? I agree, it;s not a 90ss comedy with Clooney or Arnold, made for children a-la comic book.
But, what about Grease? What happened to old classic comedy that made it "questionable" and not appropriate for children? =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for some other informative site. The place else may just I am getting
that type of info written in such an ideal way? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I have been at the look out for such info.


Feel free to visit my blog ... Female Health Issues