Monday, July 21, 2008

2-Ingredient Cookie Recipe!


A two-year old could make these cookies - Heck, even my mother can make these cookies*

2-Ingredient Macaroons

1 (14 oz.) package Angel Flake Coconut
1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)

Mix and drop by tablespoon (or use about a 2" melon-baller) on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam (or use parchment paper). Bake at 325 for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Gourmet Variation: you can add a whole almond on top of each before you bake, and then when the cookies cool, either dip or drizzle them with melted chocolate...voila....Almond Joys!


*I say this because my mother doesn't cook. At one time she seriously was considering remodeling her kitchen and taking out the stove because she never used it. She was trying to think of what she could use that room for instead of cooking. I finally convinced her that if she ever wanted to sell her house, no one would buy a house with no kitchen. She abandoned the project. (I gave her a cookbook one year for Christmas that said, "My Favorite Recipes" and when you opened it, it was all blank pages). She has gotten together with her friends four times a year for forty years to play bridge. They rotate who brings the treat - except my mother has been exempt because they all know she doesn't cook. But my mom surprised them once by bringing a pie she had seen in Family Circle Magazine. It was an ice cream pie. All you had to do was put your favorite ice cream in a frozen pie shell and put canned whipped cream on it. One of her friends said, "Betty brought the pie." My mom said, "How did you know?" She said, "because you're supposed to BAKE the pie shell first!"
Note: If YOU have a great 2 or 3 ingredient recipe, I WANT it! Put it in a "comment" to me. Thanks

1 comment:

Jeri and Amy said...

yes, but do you have any ONE ingredient recipes? you know, the kind that require no work whatsoever?

I do! They're called Cheetos.